Dear Ellwood’s Family,
Feeding the soul of our community is our mission and is at the heart of everything we do. We focus on stewards’ and customers’ health and well-being by providing healthy food and products that encourage a healthy lifestyle. Ellwood’s strives to be a haven where you can go to slow down, escape from the hustle and bustle, and nourish your body and soul.
We aim to maintain your trust by staying informed and aware of issues affecting food quality. Given the recent news about the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we wanted to take a moment to remind you that your health and safety is our first priority here at Ellwood’s.
Our high standards for food safety will be meticulously maintained, as always, during the monitoring of the Coronavirus. We also will comply with any official additional further guidance from the CDC as it becomes available. Here are the extra steps we have put in place to better ensure steward and customer safety:
- Hours of operations now 7 to 8PM to allow for additional cleaning and restocking efforts.
- Mondays from 7 to 8AM are reserved for our at risk and senior customers only.
- All of the bathrooms are sanitized each hour.
- 3rd party cleaners come in 2-3 times per week to disinfect the bathrooms.
- All door handles and touch points are sanitized each hour.
- All shopping carts and baskets are sanitized after each use. Please return them to the designated area on the patio.
- Multiple hand sanitizer stations are set up through the store.
- Wax paper is placed throughout the store for customers to use on shared surfaces.
Best Practices (mandatory and strongly suggested):
- We encourage folks to keep a 6ft distance from each other at all times. 6-foot personal spacing lines added to floor at each check out line.
- Plexi shields installed at check out registers to better protect stewards and customers.
- In an effort to keep traffic as low as possible in store, we encourage only one member from each family to shop at a time.
- Ellwood's stewards are required to wear protective face masks and gloves. We are proving our teams with face masks and gloves to make sure that everyone is well protected in our store. We strongly encourage customers to wear a protective face covering while shopping in the store. Learn more about how face masks can help at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website, CDC.gov.
- If you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms please refrain from shopping in store.
- We have temporarily stopped accepting returns - All sales are final.
- No outside food containers or bags allowed in-store.
- We have suspended our Glass Return Program for the time being.
- No outside cups allowed at the Juice Bar.
- Our hot bar and salad bar are temporarily closed.
- All indoor and outdoor dining is temporarily prohibited.
- All food sampling has been suspended.
- All classes, events, and live music have been cancelled for the foreseeable future.