Wednesday, March 11th
Dear Ellwood’s Family,
Feeding the soul of our community is our mission and is at the heart of everything we do. We focus on stewards’ and customers’ health and well-being by providing healthy food and products that encourage a healthy lifestyle. Ellwood’s strives to be a haven where you can go to slow down, escape from the hustle and bustle, and nourish your body and soul.
We aim to maintain your trust by staying informed and aware of issues affecting food quality. Given the recent news about the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we wanted to take a moment to remind you that your health and safety is our first priority here at Ellwood’s.
Our high standards for food safety will be meticulously maintained, as always, during the monitoring of the Coronavirus. We also will comply with any official additional further guidance from the CDC as it becomes available. Here are the extra steps we have put in place to better ensure steward and customer safety:
- All of the bathrooms are sanitized each hour
- 3rd party cleaners come in 2-3 times per week to disinfect the bathrooms
- Dining area is being sanitized every hour
- Hot bar utensils are switched out and sanitized each hour // UPDATE: Our hot bar and salad bar will be closed from Tuesday, March 14th to Tuesday, March 31st
- All door handles are sanitized each hour
- All shopping carts and baskets are sanitized each night // UDPATE: We are sanitizing all carts and baskets after each use
- Multiple hand sanitizer stations are set up through the store
- All food sampling has been suspended
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask the Store Manager.
Monday, March 16th
- All classes, events, and live music have been cancelled for the foreseeable future
- Wax paper is placed throughout the store for customers to use on shared surfaces
- We encourage folks to keep a 6ft distance from each other at all times
- We encourage folks to shop at slower times, 7 - 10AM and 1 - 4PM
- No outside cups allowed at the Juice Bar
Tuesday, March 17th
- We are focusing on sourcing more produce from local farmers
- We closed in-house dining
- We introduced grab and go on the salad bar
- Beginning today, March 17, 2020 – all stewards will have the opportunity to utilize 30-calendar days of unpaid leave (counting from the first day of leave taken) without the requirement of a doctor’s note, or a claim for FMLA. Ellwood Thompson is guaranteeing job protection for you during this period. You have the option to use any PTO leave you have accrued, though this is not a requirement. Management will revisit the 30-calendar day limitation a few weeks from now, once more information is available regarding the outbreak levels in our community.
Wednesday, March 18th
- We encourage our high-risk customers and senior citizens to shop from 7 - 8AM when the store is at it’s cleanest and the crowds are at their lowest.
Friday, March 20th
In an effort to limit the spread of germs we are putting these temporary policies in place:
- We have temporarily stopped accepting returns - All sales are final
- No outside food containers or bags allowed in-store
- Suspended our Glass Return Program for the time being
Wednesday, March 25th
- As of Friday, March 27th, the Create made-to-order bar will operate eaxch day from 7AM - 3PM // UPDATE: Create will operate each day from 7AM - 2PM
Thursday, March 26th
- All indoor and outdoor dining is temporarily prohibited
- Plexi shields installed at check out registers to better protect stewards and customers
- 6-foot personal spacing lines added to floor at each check out line
Friday, March 27th
- Curbside Pick-up launched. Menus and details here!
Monday, March 30th
- Hours of operations now 7AM to 8PM to allow for additional cleaning and restocking efforts
Tuesday, March 31st
- We are sanitizing all carts and baskets after each use. Please return them to the designted area on the patio.