by Rick Hood
Given the extreme challenges of 2020, I have a few hopes for 2021.
- Support a food system that protects people's health and the environment that have been negatively affected by Covid 19 in ways that assure food justice, equity and sustainability.
- Inspire companies to mark success on a human scale. Define success by metics like increased social consciousness and environmental responsibility rather than increased revenue year after year.
- A speedy adoption of vaccinations leading to an early return of community. Let’s strive to find political agreement and points of unification.
- Support for local food vendors that value people and the planet.
- Instill a sense of community within the store which is built around a collaboration of values that represent the heart of Ellwood’s.
Looking forward to a healthy and happy 2021.