By Jordan Douglas, HHC
Summer is officially here, and with it comes vacation and travel. Traveling is such a beautiful avenue for adventure, giving us the opportunity for perspective, growth, awe and joy. Travel can also takes its toll on the body and mind, with shifts in routine, consumption of different foods, alterations in sleep and exercise schedules, etc. I’ve been traveling quite a bit recently, and thought I would share some of my favorite tools that I bring along on my adventures to keep myself grounded and optimize well-being. You can find everything below in the Nourish department at Ellwood’s!
Here are my favorite travel essentials:
- Urban Moonshine Digestive Bitters: Although the Citrus Bitters are my absolute favorite, I tend to travel with the Calm Tummy Bitters to settle any digestive distress on the road.
- Garden of Life Colon Care Probiotic: This formula is fantastic for anyone prone to traveler’s constipation, and conveniently comes in a shelf-stable bottle for easy transport.
- Homeopathic Jet Lag Relief: The combination of cocculus indicus 6c, arnica montana 30c and nux vomica 30c works wonders for travel that involves time zone changes. Take 5 pellets of each the day before travel, then again just before you get on the plane to minimize or eliminate the drowsiness, nausea and stiffness that comes with such travel.
- Hemp Oil: The glorious adventures of traveling often correlate with disruptions in homeostasis. CBD can be a helpful tool to promote balance, soothe any travel jitters and support restful sleep. Currently, I’m loving Functional Remedies 250mg.
- Immune Support:The Host Defense MycoShield sprays are great for a convenient on-the-go boost, while Gaia Quick Defense provides fast-acting support if you’re feeling run down pre-travel.
- Olba’s Aromatherapy Inhaler: This little guy always lives in my bag, but it is especially useful for opening the sinuses and rejuvenating the senses on long drives or flights.
- Baraka Dry Nose Oil:Plane travel is notoriously dehydrating to the mucous membranes. A few drops of this in the nose helps to lubricate and protect.
- Nectar Essences Breathe Me:All of these blends are fantastic, and very travel friendly. The sleep, energy/mood boost and destress/unwind are my personal favorites for travel.
- Evan Healy Whipped Shea Butter for Lips: The best lip balm ever. This is another daily staple, but serves as an additional hydration tool when on the road or in the air.
- Clean, Effective Sunscreen: I’m currently loving Badger Clear Zinc Daily SPF 30 for the body and Evan Healy Sheer Tint Sun Stick for the face.
- Solar Recover Save Your Skin:This stuff is magic. Spritz liberally after a day in the sun (or really anytime) to refresh your skin.
- Spoonk Acupressure Groove Ball: Roll out tired feet post-adventure, tired legs after a long flight, the upper back after a long drive and any other spots that could benefit from tension release.
- Bucky Memory Foam Neck Pillow: I’ll confess, I used to think these were silly and superfluous. However, it proved to be a game-changer on my most recent trip to California and has become a necessary staple.
- Reusable…everything!: This one is easy to overlook but makes a world of difference and takes up such little space, even in a fully packed suitcase. A stainless steel straw, eco utensils, a couple of totes and a water bottle are staples of the conscious traveler.
Curious to learn more travel tips and practices to keep you grounded? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a free 30 minute appointment!