Today we are featuring the Harvest Hash Bowl from our Create Bar. Using clean, local ingredients, this dish is made to order 7 days a week and is a specialty for Jazz Brunch events held every 1 st Sunday of each month with extended hours 11am-2pm. Add on a mimosa including local Virginia “bubbly”!
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 small Sweet Potato, peeled, diced and roasted
- 6 Brussel Sprouts; halved and roasted
- 1 whole Apple, peeled and sliced
- 1t fresh ground Cinnamon
- 1 small Onion, sliced and caramelized
- 4 T olive oil; divided
- 2 cups Kale; chiffonade
- ¼ cup Walnuts; toasted
- 2 local Eggs; sunny side up sautéed in 1T olive oil (thank you Edgewood Farms!)
- Salt and Pepper seasoning
- Garnish: Cherry Tomatoes and some Avocado!
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts with a tablespoon of oil, some salt and pepper to taste, then roast, side by side for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, using a medium-large fry pan, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sauté onions until soft. Add apples then sprinkle with cinnamon, and sauté on medium heat until soft; 10 minutes. Add kale to the apple/onion mixture. Toss to combine and allow kale to slightly wilt.
- Combine potatoes and sprouts with apples, onion and kale; fold together gently and spoon into a serving bowl. Top with walnuts and sunny egg. Add tomato and avocado for added flavor, color and nutrition! Serve immediately.