TOMATO VINAIGRETTE “GREAT FOR GRILLING IN THE SUMMER” – The essence of tomato with little effort!
This dressing will be your summer’s best friend! Use it in salad or spoon over poultry, beef and seafood. Put in on a crostini or over your favorite pasta! It adds to a Bloody Mary too!
YIELD – about 2 cups
- 1 cup small diced seeded plum, heirloom or Hanover (LOCAL) tomatoes
- 1 cup (packed) coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Combine all ingredients and mix.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead)
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
– Ellwood’s Kitchen