Fire Cider is our Health Coach Lindsay’s go-to kitchen remedy. This remedy will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 months. The heating herbs in this formula will really get things moving and boost the immune system! This is a classic recipe with plenty of variations available.
- 1 inch fresh grated ginger
- 8-10 cloves fresh garlic, peeled & minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion chopped fine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh grated horseradish (optional if your sinuses plague you)
- 1/2 cup honey (just to taste)
- Place all of the ingredients (except honey) in a 1 quart glass jar and cover with apple cider vinegar.
- Mix well, close securely and let sit in a cool, dark place for 3 weeks.
- After 3 weeks, strain the liquid out and add your honey just to sweeten slightly. You want to keep the heat and pungency of the formula in tact. Keep refrigerated.
- Take 1 tsp three times daily when you start to feel a cold or flu coming on. You can take 1 tsp daily as a “maintenance” dose to keep pathogens away!