November is National Pomegranate month, and to celebrate the beginning of the Holiday season, we’re giving you a delicious recipe that will make you re-think your traditional cranberry sauce.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Ready In: 8 hrs 35 minutes
- 1 (12 ounce) of fresh or bag fresh organic cranberries, rinsed and sorted
- 1 cup natural cane or turbinado sugar
- 1 cup organic orange juice
- 1 teaspoon organic orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 organic pomegranate, peeled and seeds separated
1. Mix the cranberries, sugar, orange juice, orange zest, ground cloves, and cinnamon sticks together in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and cool.
2. Stir the pomegranate seeds into the cranberry mixture, and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight. Remove the cinnamon sticks before serving.